My musings now that I have found myself on the other side of the rainbow.



12 February 2010

Follow me down the yellow brick road....

So - I assume you have guessed - I'm a fan of The Wizard of Oz. How can I not be? The story of a girl... who gets ripped from her "normal"... journey's into the unknown with her best friend... meets some great friends (and realizes how precious some old friends are too)... fights evil... finds her inner strength... and knows the value of rainbows. My life mimics that. My tornado hit when I lost Bumble Bee - my first son. The journey into the unknown - well - that's my daily life since losing him. The best friend is my husband - I'll call him The Wizard (I'm sure he would not like to be called Toto). Those friends would be all those that have walked by my side since the tornado - those on a similar journey - and those that knew me before the storm. Fighting evil? Well - that would be the daily fight against sadness, guilt, The Pit.... Inner strength? Still working on it. I have my rainbow [child born after loss] that I call my little Blue Bird. He keeps me going - makes me want to keep fighting evil - working on that inner strength...

So - have I scared you yet? Wanna follow me down this yellow brick road? I can't promise that I will always be singing and skipping. Goodness knows there are days where I feel more like The Wicked Witch of the East - smashed under a house - with my ugly socks on. Some where I am stuck - clicking my heals - trying to go back to life before the winds blew me onto this course. And then there are the days when I'm more like Glinda - and you'll want to slap the happy right out of me. Come on - it'll be fun!

No comments: