My musings now that I have found myself on the other side of the rainbow.



18 February 2010

I feel pretty, Oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty.....

Oops - wrong movie!


Those that know me in TRW - know that I am the poster child for low maintenance. Make-up - rarely. Clothes - jeans and t-shirt. Hair - oh sweet Pete - short? long? blond? brown? streaky highlights? It changes more often than I would like to admit. I run with - It's what's on the inside the matters! Don't judge a book by its cover! Yadda, yadda, yadda....

But what about how I feel about me? Do I like me? Well - I'm working on it. I love how the hubby always tells me to take a shower - you'll feel better. Really? Hot water and some suds fixes what I got?

I have been recently toying with the idea that I need to start taking better care of myself. Not just losing weight and exercising.... but taking a little pride in how I look. Maybe I can pull myself up and get a better feeling towards every day if the lady in the mirror didn't look like Miss Elmira Gulch (see - I got back to the OZ theme - you were waiting for it weren't you?). Quit using the excuses that I have a little one - that I don't have the time - I'm too over-weight to find cool clothes (but really - have you looked at fat lady clothes? Why do the designers think we like big flowers and gaudy colors?) - who cares how I look?

So - where do I start? OKAY - friends - quit yelling about the eyebrows - I know - but damn that wax hurts! No, seriously.... where does one look for inspiration? My new goal for the rest of this week - look for inspiration on-line. If I can sit and look at pages and pages of LOLCatz craving their cheezburgers - I can find some prettiness out there!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

(1) LOLCATS = LOVE
(2) I feel ya. See my comment on your other entry :) Taking more care of myself has actually really helped me.

xxx