My musings now that I have found myself on the other side of the rainbow.



15 April 2010

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder....

I did get my tattoo over the weekend! Love it! If you have ever seen a new tattoo - you know the first week or two - they are not pretty. Remember how the ink gets there - needles - so - there is scabbing. So - I thought I would at least post the ink stencil Sarah made....

To keep it soft - she did not tattoo an outline - it's all color / shading. Did it turn out EXACTLY like this picture? No. She improvised and tweaked things here and there. It doesn't help that I am a very moley (sp?) person - so - she had to work around those.

My little blue bird ignored the tattoo all day on Saturday. But Sunday came - and he decided that patting the bird was the thing to do. OUCH!

I'm hoping the healing will be complete in a week or two - and I will post a picture then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! You are so brave, I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo although after DB, I thought I might but now I've waivered.