My musings now that I have found myself on the other side of the rainbow.



02 April 2010

Back to Kansas to bring back to OZ?

Who knew a simple TV show would throw my heart into a tornado....

The show is "Fringe" - I was really into it when it first started but had stopped watching it until last night. If you haven't watched the show - it's basically about strange occurrences that seem to all come back to scientific studies one man (who is now loony) had been doing in the 70's. It's just now starting to get to the meat of what he was actually doing back then. It all boils down to his son was dying - and he was doing whatever he could to save him.

In the 70's, he had discovered a way of looking at a parallel universe - where our lives could be different. He could see "himself" working on a cure on the "other side" (we'll call it Kansas) - hoping to see what he needed to do to save his boy. But - while he was busy watching and working in his world (we'll call it OZ) - his son dies. And you guessed it - shortly after they bury his son - Kansas him does find the cure - but doesn't see it. So - OZ him decides he's going to jump to Kansas - get his son - to bring him to OZ for a cure. When he gets to Kansas - he promises his wife in Kansas - he'll cure him and return him.

Are you still with me? He goes to Kansas - gets his son - brings him to OZ - and gives him the cure. As his son is laying in the lab - his OZ wife walks in. The scene is incredibly moving... she sees her son - knows what her husband had done - walks up - and places her hand over her son's mouth to feel his breath. She pulls him to her and looks at her husband.... He tells her he's healed - but he promised to take him back to Kansas....

But you guessed it - that's what makes the whole story - because in the future in OZ - his son is alive and well... he never took him back.

wow. In my heart I always thought - if I could have just gone back and made different desicions so Bumble Bee could be here with us.... But what if it is at the cost of another little one? Making another mom not get her child?

I would not wish this pain on my worst enemy. Never.

But to see another woman pick her own heart over someone elses - I have to stop and think - if I really knew... if deep down I knew it was possible to have him back...

what would I decide?

2 comments:

Suzy said...

I am glad that I will never have to make that decision. Because honestly? I'd take my boy back. To hell with anyone else! I'd like to think I am above thinking that way, but truth be told, I'm not...

DG Lost said...

That's what was so hard about posting this. I know in my heart of hearts - I'd take him back without a second thought. Would it haunt me? I think with every smile, every touch, every kiss, every giggle.... it would get easier and easier. Does it make me a bad person? No - just a Mom who so wants her little boy back.