My musings now that I have found myself on the other side of the rainbow.



09 March 2010

There's No Place Like Home


ETA - This is not a "I'm leaving now" letter! If this is the first post of mine you have ever read - PLEASE read the one before this. Sweet Pete - I don't want anyone thinking I'm planning on leaving this Earth soon. I plan on going kicking and screaming. This is my attempt at writing my obituary. I'm still here and I want to keep it that way for a long time. :o)

Dorothy Gale - AKA Bird - AKA Baby Girl - AKA Mom - finally got to head on home to spend some time with her little Bumble Bee and many family and friends. She didn't want to go - she loved and cherished every minute with Wizard and her little Blue Bird. But she left knowing they would be all together again someday and she was not afraid. She leaves behind her husband who she kept on his toes 24 / 7 - whom she credited with making her a better person and a good mom. She also leaves her precious Blue Bird who she adores. She wanted more than anything to teach him the value of family and the importance of laughter.....

Wow... this is harder than I thought it was going to be. I want it to not be so much about my life and the things I did - but my chance to say good-bye. That's what I want my obit to be.... me getting to say good-bye to those I love.....

To the Family and Friends of Dorothy Gale,

No worries. If you are reading this in the morning paper - I have left to go see my Bumble Bee, my grandma and grandpa, my granddad and Bubba, my Pop and Granny.... and too many others that I have missed so much while on this Earth. No tears please - my life was full of love, happiness, and character building - it was a great life. I got to carry Bumble Bee for 9 wonderful months - to feel those kicks - and to be there when he silently earned his wings to teach me the true lesson of love. I got to see my Blue Bird grow, to hear him laugh, to learn that there are no boundaries to a Mother's love. I got to spend the greatest years of my life with Wizard - who taught me that love concurs even the darkest days and that no matter how crazy life would get - that a peck on the cheek and a pinch on the bottom could solve it all. My Evil Overlords taught me the importance of our family - that no matter how much they drive you nuts - they are YOUR nuts - all from the same tree. My Bio-Dad taught me what I needed to know about knowing when to let go of the past and concentrate on the now. My Evil Twin taught me to keep listening to music and to take time for myself. My Tender Hearted Big Brother taught me that no matter what is thrown your way or where you land - that with perseverance you can always come out on top. My Giant Little Brother taught me about the power of keeping that little kid inside me alive and more about taxes than anyone should want to know.

There is no great distance between us - just time. And time for me is now not an issue - my wait will not feel long... I will see each of you again. Just remember - I love you. Keep talking to me - I'll be there to listen. When you need a shove in the right direction - I'll be the wind behind you - helping you along. Please don't think of it as me haunting you - it's me still trying to be a part of your life.


Take care of each other. Never forget my love for you.

Love,

DG

3 comments:

Suzy said...

fucking hell woman. see i remember you saying about writing your obit...but one sentence into this and my heart started to pound and I thought the Wizard was writing to us to tell us that you died suddenly...FFS woman give a girl a warning please. The edit at the end should be AT THE TOP!!!!

I'll be back to read again, I need to go get my defibrillator to start my heart again. Jeez!

DG Lost said...

So sorry Suzy! I switched my warning to the top. ((((HUGS)))) I'm still alive and kicking. :o)

Suzy said...

lol. Good girl :)